Monday, November 25, 2013

Holiday Food: Nutrition and Safety

  • How can I limit calories and still enjoy the holidays?
  • How long do I need to cook a 20-pound turkey?
  • What should I know to safely cook for a large group?
  • How long will my leftovers still be good?
  • My mom is undergoing chemotherapy. Do I need to pay special attention to my food preparation habits?
  • What can I make for people on special diets? 
If you are asking questions like these, take a look at the following sites to help keep everyone safe, healthy and happy this holiday season:

-Enjoy Guilt-Free Holiday Celebrations
-Food Safety Tips for Holiday Road Trips
[Source: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics]

-Holiday Recipes
-Cooking for the Family… Gluten-free, Vegan and All
[Source: American Institute for Cancer Research]

-Food Safety Tips for Healthy Holidays
[Source: US Department of Agriculture]

-Are You Storing Food Safely?
[Source: US Food and Drug Administration]

-Food Safety During Cancer Therapy
[Source: UCSF Ida & Joseph Friend Cancer Resource Center]