Monday, November 10, 2014

Holiday Food: Nutrition and Safety

- How can I limit calories and still enjoy the holidays?

- How long do I need to cook a 20-pound turkey?

- What should I know to safely cook for a large group?

- How long will my leftovers still be good?

- My mom is undergoing chemotherapy. Do I need to pay special attention to my food preparation habits?

- What can I make for people on special diets? 

If you are asking questions like these, take a look at the following sites to help keep everyone safe, healthy and happy this holiday season:

Enjoy Guilt-Free Holiday Celebrations
Food Safety Tips for Holiday Road Trips
[Source: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics]

Inspiration for Your Holiday Parties
Holiday Recipes
Cooking for the Family… Gluten-free, Vegan and All
[Source: American Institute for Cancer Research]

Food Safety Tips for Healthy Holidays
[Source: US Department of Agriculture]

Are You Storing Food Safely?
[Source: US Food and Drug Administration]

Food Safety During Cancer Therapy
[Source: UCSF Ida & Joseph Friend Cancer Resource Center]